SANTA BARBARA, Calif .– La Playa Stadium is about to reopen to the public.
The Santa Barbara City College stadium track and stairs have been closed to the public during much of the pandemic.
From now on, the track and the stairs will be open to all weekends and holidays from this Saturday.
Daily access will be available during the CCSC’s winter break from December 11 to January 9, 2022. The college has yet to announce public access plans for the spring semester.
The full schedule and times are as shown:
- Weekends and holidays only: Saturday 20 November – Thursday 9 December 2021 (see below for usual times)
- Everyday: Saturday 11 December 2021 – Sunday 9 January 2022 (see below for usual hours)
- Bonus days: Friday December 3 and Friday December 10, 2021 from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays, usual hours are 6:45 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Days of the week, usual hours are 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Public use of the track is limited to tracks not used for a scheduled SBCC activity
- Public use of the stairs is not permitted during an activity planned or authorized by the SBCC at the stadium
- Group training programs, private lessons and any public use of the land are not permitted without a permit to use the SBCC community services facilities.
- Post-season sports competitions in early December may reduce public access to track opening hours. Signs will be displayed with adjusted times if these events occur
La Playa Stadium is located at 721 Cliff Drive across from Leadbetter Beach. SBCC operates and maintains the stadium which is owned by the city. The city also owns and operates the adjacent parking lot.