Members of the Rocky Mount High School indoor track team placed in the top four at Wednesday’s Big Carolina 3A/4A Polar Bear meet at JH Rose High School in Greenville.
On the girls side, KeSondra Pickett won three events for the Gryphons. She finished first in the 500m with a time of 1:24.5, first in the 300m (42.50) and first in the triple jump (29ft 8in).
Dajah Jackson placed second in the high jump with a jump of four feet and two inches, while Ahnia Cherry was fourth in the 55 meters clocking 7.72 seconds.
On the boys’ side, Seallio Alphonse cleared 5-foot-10 to claim the high jump crown for Rocky Mount. He also finished third in the triple jump (37′-03”).
Allen Beasley was first in the 1,600 meters (5:08) and third in the 1,000 (3:02.48).
Cameron Jones was second in the high jump (5-6) for the Gryphons, while Javon Leary was second in the 500 meters (1:16.35).
Four Gryphons finished fourth: Jaden Roberts in the triple jump (34-1.5), Jamel Hodges in the shot put (34-5), Jaylen Williams in the 500m (1:19.31) and Da’Vareeye Wilkes in the long jump (16-0).
The Northern Nash girls’ indoor track team placed first overall with 100 points at the Red Ram Polar Bear meet at Franklinton High School on Wednesday.
The Knight boys finished third with 52 points.
Southern Nash finished seventh in girls (34) and sixth in boys (43), while Nash Central finished fourth in boys (46 points).
The first four individual and relay results are as follows:
- 3,200 Girls Relay: Northern Nash second (11:43) (Griffin Webb, Elisabeth Modlin, Ashleigh Modlin, Kiana Griffin)
- 3,200 Boys Relay: Northern Nash fifth (10:20) (Aaron Mowatt, Derrick Harris, Jeffree Pope, Garrett Mehus)
- Girls 55 hurdles: Naveah Ingram (NN) first (10.79), Camille Dunn (NN) third (11.86), Addison Brumfield (NN) fourth (12.89)
- Boys 55 hurdles: DJ Pridgen (SN) first (9.25), Ahnage Vines (NN) second (10.40), Jackson Cooper (NN) third (11.12)
- Boys 55: Javaris Jones (NC) second (6.85), DJ Pridgen (SN) third (7.04), Paul Mboumien (NN) fifth (7.32)
- Boys 800 Relay: Nash Central first (1:39.14) (Davon Fate, TyQuaun Jones, Javaris Jones, Jase Wilkerson)
- Girls 500: Jadiza Jimenez (SN) fourth (1:32:39)
- Boys 500: Davon Fate (NC) fifth (1:13.64)
- Boys 300: Javaris Jones (NC) first (37.01), DJ Pridgen (SN) fourth (39.44)
- Girls 3,200: Elana Griffin (NN) first (13:09.01), Griffin Webb (NN) second (13:09.90), Elisabeth Modlin (NN) fourth (15:06.41), Miriam Salazar (SN) fifth (15:44.37 )
- Boys 3200: Aaron Mowatt (NN) fourth (11:22.09)
- Girls 1600m relay: Northern Nash fourth (5:24.87) (Camille Dunn, Ashleigh Modlin, Sydney Warren, Adrianna Ras)
- Girls high jump: Jadiza Jimenez (SN) first (4-10), Sydney Warren (NN) second (4-02)
- Boys High Jump: Greyson Richardson (NC) second (5-04), Garrett Mehus (NN) third (5-02)
- Girls’ long jump: Nevaeh Ingram (NN) second (15-08.25), Adrianna Ras (NN) fourth (13-00)
- Boys’ long jump: Tyzarion Arrington (NC) third (17-02)
- Boys’ pole vault: Isaac Joyner (SN) first (7-00), Joshua Pendergrass (SN) second (6-00)
- Girls shot put: Chasity Hopkins (SN) first (30-10.50), Kiannah Moore (NN) second (25-06), Miya Sutton (NN) third (22-10.50), Daijah Infranco (NN) fifth (21- 09)
- Boys shot put: Noah Heacox (NN) first (37-07), Jordan Jones (NN) fifth (30-07)